Rankos has a long history of serving Tacoma families dating back to the 1920's. The original pharmacy was located on Pacific Avenue, then a second location near St. Joes Hospital, and then moved to the current location in the late 1930's.
In the early days, during the 40's and 50's, Rankos had a soda fountain and served green rivers, banana splits and other treats. Stadium alumni tell stories of drinking cherry cokes and dancing to the jukebox after school.
In January of 2010, Rankos fired up the legendary Rx sign after 40 years of darkness.
The chasing lights sign adds sparkle to the night in Tacoma's North End and is reminiscent of days gone by. Our history lives today in our museum of pharmacy memorabilia, historic photos, wooden phone booth, and old-time friendliness.
Below, see an image of The Stadium Confecctionery taken in March of 1923. This site later became Rankos Pharmacy!